Forum

he never made such statements Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
wh3171

BerichtGeplaatst: 03-12-2019 07:53:33 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

FLORHAM PARK, N. Bryan Reynolds Jersey .J. - Frustrated Jets fans have taken to the air to vent.Literally.A plane with a banner urging the team to fire John Idzik circled several times above the practice field for about 20 minutes Wednesday as the players went through drills while New Yorks embattled general manager watched.The banner — in red, 5-foot uppercase letters — read FIRE JOHN IDZIK as it flapped behind the small plane. The plane arrived minutes after the media got to practice as Jets players began stretching.That was a first, quarterback Michael Vick said after practice. I think that was a bit extreme. That money that was spent on that jet fuel could have been given to some type of charity. Believe me, there are people out here in the world that need it.As it buzzed above, it appeared many players tried to ignore the plane after taking a quick glance — as Idzik stood on the sideline. Owner Woody Johnson was also attending practice, and was seen speaking with Idzik and Ryan at one point.Trust me, I get it, Ryan said after the 1-8 Jets practiced. I know our fans are really frustrated. Theres no doubt about it. Obviously, were very frustrated. Everybody is. We want to win. I personally dont think its appropriate. Were working our butts off — John, everybody — to find a way to win.The plane stopped circling shortly before the 30-minute period in which the media is allowed to attend practice.Its annoying, Vick said. You see that and youre out there trying to practice and put everything into practice and all of your efforts and then you see something that becomes a distraction.Then, theres a whole bunch of negative thoughts that start going through your head and everybodys attention is up in the sky as opposed to the practice field.Vick added that his teammates did a good job of maintaining their focus.I just think some of this is a little over the top, Ryan said.Ashley Chalmers, owner of Jersey Shore Aerial Advertising, told The Associated Press that his company flew the banner over the facility under a subcontract from another company and it cost a frustrated fan — identified only as a female — less than $1,000.Chalmers company often flies banners with either corporate advertising or personal messages — Will You Marry Me? — over sporting events and beaches, but it was the first time it had one fly over the Jets practice facility.I saw the team down there and, to be honest, I kind of felt bad for them because theyre having such a bad year, said Chalmers, who piloted the plane out of Central Jersey Airport. I didnt realize how big this would become and Im kind of stunned.Chalmers added that theres absolutely a chance the banner will fly again Sunday over MetLife Stadium for the Jets game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.Its not the first highly publicized measure disgruntled fans have taken. The website FireJohnIdzik.com raised more than $10,000 last week to buy billboard space to further its cause.Im upset because, and I understand the billboard thing and all of that stuff out there, and then this, Ryan said, even though I recognize the fans are in pain and we all want to win, but to place it on one person, I dont think its fair.Ryan said the banner maybe a little crossed the line, in his opinion, but added that the fans have the right to do whatever they want. The coach added that Idzik is tough, when asked about the GMs reaction.It wasnt something he was overly upset with, Ryan said. Im sure he wasnt pleased with it.Neither Idzik nor Johnson was available for comment.Idzik, in his second season as the Jets GM, has been highly criticized as the team is off to a terrible start that includes eight straight losses. He gave a state-of-the-team address last week, in which he opened with a 19-minute statement that included Idzik taking responsibility for the Jets situation, but he also rambled at times without definitively stating how the team would turn things around.That drew the ire of many Jets fans who have flooded sports talk shows and websites with their disappointment with how Idzik has handled things.Among their gripes are the lack of depth at cornerback, failed draft picks — only five of the 12 from last May are on the active roster — and the failure of Geno Smith to prove himself as a franchise-type quarterback.The Jets are also hoping to not lose a franchise-record ninth straight game when they play the Pittsburgh Steelers at MetLife Stadium on SundayRyan has been on the hot seat all season, his sixth with the team, but theres also growing sentiment among fans that Idzik should also be fired with the Jets likely to miss the post-season for the fourth straight year.Its just like kick a man while hes down, all right, we understand that, Vick said. People do that. Some people want to see other people suffer. I think at the end of the day, we all have a job to do, we are all professionals, and some things dont go right.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Chris Archer Jersey . Rodgers was ruled out on Friday by Packers head coach Mike McCarthy. Matt Flynn will make his second consecutive start for the Packers. Grant Jackson Jersey . The (14-15-5) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 33 points. They trail sixth place Nashville and fifth place Dallas by two points. https://www.cheappiratesjerseys.us/1482e-steven-brault-jersey-pirates.html .C. - Nick Merkley and Damon Severson each had a goal and two assists as the Kelowna Rockets downed the visiting Seattle Thunderbirds 6-3 on Saturday in Western Hockey League playoff action.LOS ANGELES -- Former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper must remain in a Los Angeles jail without bail after he was indicted in Arizona on charges of drugging and sexually assaulting two women, a California judge ruled Thursday. While making her decision, Superior Court Judge Renee Korn rejected a motion by Sharpers lawyers to release him on house arrest and said Arizona authorities want to extradite the Super Bowl champion to face trial in that state after he is tried on similar charges in California. In Los Angeles, the 38-year-old Sharper has pleaded not guilty to charges involving the rape and drugging of two women he met in a West Hollywood bar. He was previously released on $1 million bail in the California case but turned himself in on Feb. 27 after an arrest warrant was issued in New Orleans. He has not been charged in that state. Sharper is also under investigation in Florida and Nevada. Sharper was indicted on Tuesday in Tempe, Ariz., on charges of drugging and raping two women in November. Sharpers attorneys want a hearing to set bail in Arizona, but their client would have to be present. "We know that Darren will vigorously deny tthe allegations," Sharpers Arizona attorney Skip Donau said Wednesday. Jay Bell Jersey. "We are hopeful of vindication." In a bail motion filed last month, a Los Angeles County investigator described a pattern in which the former football star met women at clubs or parties and lured them to a hotel room, where they were allegedly drugged and raped. The New Orleans warrant says police learned from witnesses that Sharper and an associate had acknowledged having nonconsensual sex with two women. Sharpers attorneys say he never made such statements. The warrant does not elaborate on how the information was obtained or disclose the names of the witnesses. Korn set another court appearance for Sharper for March 24. Sharper was selected All-Pro six times and chosen for the Pro Bowl five times. He played in two Super Bowls, one with the Green Bay Packers as a rookie and was part of a successful championship run while with the New Orleans Saints. He retired after the 2010 season and was working as an analyst for the NFL Network before being fired recently. Associated Press Writer Jacques Billeaud in Phoenix contributed to this report. ' ' '
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
susanmayer

BerichtGeplaatst: 06-07-2021 10:53:19 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

Wondering where to go in 2021? Things to do has ranked as the best include a remote, idyllic island, the design capital ...
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!